Biological & Chemical Protective Mask
- Effective against biological agents and these Chemical Warfare agents: GA, GB (Sarin),
GD, VX, Mustard, and Lewisite
- NIOSH/MSHA approved (TG-14G-0235) for protection against CN, CS, P100 particulate
efficiency level and particulates
- One piece polyurethane lens with wide field of vision is bonded to the durable Hycar™
- Canister mounts on either side to allow weapon sighting from either shoulder
- Adjustable, six-point head-harness for easy on/off.
- Nose cup eliminates fogging and speaking diaphragm allows communication
- Includes identification tag
- Made in USA
- Includes one CBA-RCA canister
Performance Against Various Chemical Agents
Tested to determine how effectively it can protect an individual against a variety of chemical agents . This canister contains a pleated high-efficiency (HEPA) filter to remove aerosols and solid particulates, and an impregnated activated carbon bed to adsorb (filter out) gases and liquid vapors. The HEPA filter removes nearly all of the tear gas agents from the inspired airstream. Any small amount of tear gas agent that passes through the filter is adsorbed by the impregnated activated carbon. Sarin (GB), DMMP (a Sarin simulant), and HCN are also effectively adsorbed by the carbon bed. The challenge agents are listed in column 1; testing conditions and requirements in columns 2, 3, and 4; and test results in the last column. The Flow Rate for all challenge agents was 64 ±1 Lpm, except for CK, which was 32 Lpm. Temperature was 25 ±3 degrees Centigrade.