Maxbeam Search light
WORLD’S MOST POWERFUL SEARCHLIGHT
A high intensity Xenon searchlight originally designed for military search and rescue missions: The MaxaBeam™ uses a unique short-arc Xenon lamp which creates a six million candlepower beam of white light. The 3.2 pound (1.45 kg) unit provides sufficient light to read a newspaper from a distance of one and a half miles. (2.4 kilometers)
The MaxaBeam™ searchlight is fully adjustable and water resistant. The beam of light can be infinitely and easily adjusted between a spot and a forty-degree floodlight. The MaxaBeam™ is powered by a Rechargeable NiCad battery allowing up to two hours of portable operation.
There are also a variety of MaxaBeam™ accessories available to suit marine and other applications. These include an infrared filter, which can be used in conjunction with Night Vision to create an optimum night surveillance package.
Lamp has a minimum life of 500 hours.
Beam capable of reaching 2500 feet (760 meters) and has a width of 44 feet (13.5 meters).
Beam is electronically focusable and has three settings: 3.5, 4.2 and 6.0 million candlepower.
Reflector is constructed of nickel-rhodium for a stronger light beam.
Lamp has a strobe function useful for signaling and disorienting aggressive people or animals.
Includes a standard 5 foot (1.5 meter) power cord.
Size 5.75 x 5.75 x 11.0 in. (14.5 x 14.5 x 28.0 cm)
Weight 3.2 Lb (1.45 kg)
Battery 12 V NiCad
Lamp 75 W / 6,000,000 Candlepower Xenon Bulb
Click here for overview of various Applications
The Maxa Beam Handheld Xenon Searchlight, the most powerful handheld searchlight in the world, has been used in motion pictures, television and still photography for over 15 years. The Maxa Beam Searchlight can be seen in movies such as Alien vs. Predator, Blade, Demolition Man, Earthquake, Ghost Ship, Gone in 60 Seconds, Jurassic Park (1, 2 & 3), Sahara, Sphere, X-Files, Volcano , NCIS, CSI: Miami, and The Day After Tomorrow.
•High intensity light for a dark scene illusion
•Distinctive sharp-edged beam reads clearly on film
•7,500,000 Peak Beam CandlePower
•Xenon lamp puts out 5600° K daylight color temperature
•Variable degree beam goes from 1° to 40° with motor-driven one hand operation
•Steady DC Arc has three different beam intensity settings
•Has strobe feature with adjustable rate / duty cycle
•Easy one-handed operation of all features and programming
•Beam start-up characteristics can be programmed and saved by user
•Motion picture package comes with four color correction filters
•Colored filters can be special-ordered in all standard gel colors
Motion Picture Maxa Beam Package (#MBPKG-MP) includes:
(1) MBS-410 Maxa Beam Handheld Xenon Searchlight with 5' coiled power cord
(1) MBP-5200-M Conditioning Charger with 100-240 VAC adapter, fused 12 VDC vehicle adapter, and horizontal mounting brackets
(2) MBP-1207 NiCad 7 Ah Battery Modules (easily snap under searchlight for quick changing; batteries run 120 min. on low beam, 90 min. on regular beam and 45 min. on high beam; recharge time of 2.5 hours)
(1) MBA-2005 Protective Lens
(2) MBA-6005 Air-cushioned Shoulder Straps
(1) MBA-CC85 85 Color Correction Filter (converts 5600° K to 3200° K)
(1) MBA-CC1/2 Half Color Correction Filter (converts 5600° K to 3800° K)
(1) MBA-CC1/4 Quarter Color Correction Filter (converts 5600° K to 4500° K)
(1) MBA-CC1/8 Eighth Color Correction Filter (converts 5600° K to 4900° K)
(1) MBA-6300 Large Storage Case with die-cut foam