Parcel X-Ray Scanner
A large capacity cabinet postal x-ray scanner for checking bundles of letters, courier deliveries, york trays, parcels and handbags. It is a freestanding unit combining a large screening chamber with a compact physical size. imaging is in black and white and color with several image enhancement options for highlighting low, medium and high density materials. Image enhancements are made using a simple handheld mouse. the images are then stored on screen until the next x-ray exposure is made.
Tests have shown that colorscan x-ray units are able to clearly view powders in envelopes provided the envelopes are scanned flat in small batches (up to 40 envelopes on top of the envelope containing powder). The new flat screen monitor can sit on top of unit, on top of desk or be remote wired to a security control room.
Advantage over postal x-ray units incorporating a built in monitor (remote viewing possible and no unit shutdown or expensive maintenance due to monitor error- simply swap over monitor!)
Allows you to print, email and archive x-ray images. Network model allows you to link your x-ray machine up to a pc on your network to save and view images remotely. Images can also be downloaded to usb memory stick.
- freestanding compact size
- screens parcels up to 56 x 42 cm (22 x 16.5")
- front opening door
- single push-button operation
- easy mouse control
- security key
- high resolution ethernet camera
- 17" flat screen lcd monitor
- no special operator skills required
- easy to install and maintain
- black and white image
- inverse b/w image
- enhanced image ("sees through" dense materials)
- 3 colour image enhancement screens (highlights low, medium and high density materials in
- print, email and image archive facility (includes desk-top pc, framegrabber software and colour
- remote controls (remote x-ray on, remote monitor and mouse)
- network model (save and view images across your pc network)
- premier model links to external pc with advanced imaging software including edge enhancement,
sharpen, sub-image (highlight a suspect area and change brightness and contrast within that area
ideal for powders), rotate image, annotate image, email image, download to memory stick and
Scanners use very low level x-rays and conform to all published international electrical safety standards and are issued with a certified radiation safety and critical examination report upon delivery and installation
Full maintenance and back up support is available either direct from us or from one of our locally based service agents. due to the nature of their design these x-ray scanners have no conveyor or electrical moving parts that may require expensive servicing and replacement.
X-ray image recognition
basic operator training can be provided on installation.
x-ray image recognition charts and x-ray interpretation courses are also available.